Monday, June 4, 2007

Pirates.....Yaawwwwnnnnnnnnnnn

Bangalore..weekends..rain..power disruption - all the words seem so analogous to each other. Anyways, this weekend saw the release of one of the most awaited movies of the year - Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End. Well, to be very honest, I'm not that 'huge' a fan of this trilogy, but yeah it did provide some decent entertainment with The Curse of the Black Pearl, which did drop significantly with the sequel, Dead Man's Chest. Now with the latest release, there's just one reaction - Disappointing..

Well, the fans might really differ from me on this, and mind you Capt Jack Sparrow didn't disappoint me this time as well..just that the others did and which overshadowed Johnny Depp's brilliance. A sorry script, which they try to complicate beyond comprehension literally forced me to contemplate walking out in the middle of the movie! Sample this, the final battle in the middle of a vicious maelstrom and the 2 protagonists, Elizabeth and Will getting married among flying swords with the help of Hector Barbossa.. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. worst sequence of events in a long long time..
Fantasy is a dicey genre, it can be fascinating or just outrageously annoying. Well, for me this high expectations flick falls into the latter category. Special FX can't just carry on for almost 3 hrs!

P.S: As an antidose to my carribean adventure, I saw 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.. an abstract movie, but then its definitely worth a watch. How I wish, I can get a Lacuna Inc to help me as well!

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

I"m definitely with you on this one ... the last hour or so, when they finally got around to the pirate battle, was kinda fun, but the first 90 minutes were just so bloody boring I wanted to claw my own eyes out just to make it stop

@purV said...

First 90 minutes.. :D most of the movies end by that time! Seemed as they were tryin' to play their Jack Sparrow card way in excess.. I just hope they don't come out with another sequel to this now..